Systems Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2020|
- Provide support and ongoing maintenance to deliver a strong technical capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Fixed Term Opportunity Until February 2021
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a Systems Administrator to join our Information Management and Technology team based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Our team enjoy coming to work each day, focused on our customers, and providing support in the technical lifecycle of systems, planned or implemented within the IT department. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
You will be responsible for the design, installation, configuration, management and ongoing maintenance of the company's core IT Infrastructure and hosted services. There is a high focus on security, resilience and continuous improvement in each area administered.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms and associated data storage sub systems meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project or business
- Deliver and support optimisation of applications operating within Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems effectively and efficiently
- Provide system administration of the Unix and Windows Server Computing platforms and associated data storage sub systems for effective governance and functional requirements
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to the server and messaging, storage and computing environments
- Assist in the recommendation and selection of appropriate management tools for Server Computing platforms, data storage sub systems and Enterprise Messaging systems
- Assist with the planning and design, in both the team and as an individual, to ensure the Computing platform infrastructure is fully documented and supportable
- Assist in installing new or rebuilding existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and operational requirements
- Assist in upgrades and patches of operating systems by conferring with vendors and services developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new systems
- Undertake Incident and Service Request resolution for the services within the portfolio in line with service level expectations
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in enterprise environments with more than 100 servers
- SAN Administration Experience (NETAPP)
- Experience in DFS File server solutions, 2012 R2 + Server Environments, Active Directory and File Servers
- Experience in Systems Administration via Powershell scripting
- Experience in VMware vSphere Administration, Version 6.0 +, and Enterprise Backup Administration (Commvault)
- Hands on experience with enterprise server platforms including HP Blade Servers and Cisco UCS Infrastructure
- Experience in VMWare Horizon view (VDI)
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, or PowerShell Desired State Configuration), Microsoft SCOM and SCCM will be an advantage
- Practical design and operations experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) desirable
Whilst not essential, a degree in Information Technology or Engineering will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.