Logistics Supportability Engineering Manager | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Logistics Supportability Engineering leadership position available on a significant anti-submarine warfare frigates program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Logistics Supportability Engineering Manager in our ASC Shipbuilding team. This leadership permanent and full time position can be situated in either Williamstown, Victoria or in our Adelaide office.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a talented Logistics Supportability Engineering Manager to demonstrate their leadership and logistics supportability engineering expertise within the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
This opportunity will see you:
- Lead the design and development of Logistics Support Analysis (LSA) solutions, including the optimisation and review of these solutions in design reviews
- Estimate, resource and deliver the LSA engineering requirements
- Provide effective leadership to the specialty logistics team (Reliability, Maintainability and Availability analysis), coach and develop personnel, ensuring services provided meet business and customer objectives
- Support the development of the digital ship supporting artefacts
- Lead the development and implementation of systems and processes which govern the enterprise technical data management, logistics support analysis, usage upkeep cycles, obsolescence studies and maintenance planning
- Oversee the development of data systems and reporting activities to deliver the contracted LSA artefacts
- Act as a key point of contact with the customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify and manage technical risk within the project and support risk management reviews
- Ensure that product integrity is maintained and that a high level of engineering performance is achieved by ensuring that sound engineering principles are adhered
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Supportability Engineering experience (FMECA, RCM, LORA)
- Demonstrated ability to manage an engineering team and provide effective leadership, direction and motivation to the team
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics support analysis and asset management
- The ability to travel domestically frequently
- Strong customer and subcontractor management skills and the ability to influence and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders
- Self-motivation, proactive and driven to improve current process and solve problems
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.