Subcontracts Manager | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2020|
- An excellent opportunity to be part of a significant maritime acquisition program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
- Location Adelaide or Melbourne
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a seasoned Subcontract Manager in our ASC Shipbuilding team in Adelaide or Melbourne.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking 2 seasoned Subcontract Managers to join our team in the Hunter Class Frigate Program.
Play a pivotal role in the execution of the Hunter Class Frigate Program Supply Chain Management Plan, by leading the establishment and maintenance of strategic supplier relationships with Combat System OEMs, both within Australia and overseas.
As the Subcontract Manager, you will contribute to the operational readiness of ASC shipbuilding for the HCFP whilst demonstrating strategic vision, adaptability, collaboration, integrity and courage.
You will be involved in overseas travel including some extended stay travel of up to 4-week blocks, and interstate travel may be required form time to time.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Leverage your extensive experience, mentoring and coaching skills contribute to the overall capability development of the Combat Systems subcontracts function
- Work within the IPT, proactively project manage the performance of the suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a cost, schedule, quality and Australian Industry capability perspective
- Work with the Australian Industry Capability Team and OEMs support the development of industry capability development plans and maximum Australian industry involvement
- Coordinate cross functional and subject matter expert input into supplier qualification, engagement, evaluation and management
- Contribute to the proactive, effective and compliant management of complex export control requirements
- Leverage established relationships with Combat System OEMs to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes
- Participate in the Hunter Class Combat Systems Integrated Project Team (IPT), whilst demonstrating inclusive behaviours
- Contribute to strategy definition, planning and negotiating with subcontractors, ensuring alignment to Head Contract obligations and program objectives.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive experience in a procurement, supply chain or commercial role within a complex environment, preferably Defence
- Demonstrated experience negotiating and managing complex, high value contracts
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to deal with key stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of the Defence Industry and ASDERFCON contracting suite
- Software Engineering acumen or knowledge
Whilst not essential, a degree in engineering, legal or commercial discipline is highly regarded and a professional procurement qualification or accreditation is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.