Systems Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2020|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Support and maintain software applications that deliver engineering capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a Systems Analyst to join our Information Management and Technology team based in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
Our team enjoy coming to work each day, focused on our customers, and providing support in the technical lifecycle of systems, planned or implemented within the IT department. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining a number of applications in the Software Engineering and Systems Engineering toolsets.
You will focus will be on supporting the team in providing great service to our engineering community across the company.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Support engineers in utilising our systems efficiently by responding to and processing service requests in the Service Desk system
- Respond to incidents and troubleshoot technical issues as they arise
- Work with the team to plan and execute both major and minor system upgrades
- Liaise with and maintain the good relationship we have with our vendors
- Keep abreast of current trends and provide advice to our engineers on how to more efficiently use the toolset
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An inquisitive nature, with the need to understand how and why things work
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Strong research, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Experience in toolsets such as Atlassian Jira, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, IBM Rational DOORS, Quality Manager, Change, and Synergy
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and middleware such as WebSphere and Apache Tomcat
- Experience in working with continuous delivery pipelines
- A good working knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Groovy, and PowerShell
Whilst not essential, a degree in Information Technology or Engineering will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.