Designer - Nesting | SA - Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||ASC Ship Building|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring in your Nesting Design expertise to this interesting role in an industry leading Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a DESIGNER - NESTING in our ASC Shipbuilding team in OSBORNE NAVAL SHIPYARD, WA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Detailed Design Lead - Structural, you will:
- Use engineering tools to produce outputs to Numerical Control (NC) cut parts for the Hunter Class Frigate
- Nest all plate and profile parts from 3D model in accordance with build schedule, including generation and management of NC files themselves
- Pass on information for shrinkage factors to the design office if/when required as production process mature and values are refined
- Check correct weld bevels are applied in model and cut files and are in the correct orientation
- Configuration of completed white prints and used NC files in the project document management system
- Regularly assess project task status against agreed timescales and report performance to Team Leader or designated personnel
- Identify areas of process improvement and seek to implement agreed change with support from management
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in NC nesting program for drafting
- Proven experience working as a NC cutting specialist with knowledge in structural design
- Relevant Diploma qualifications in Engineering/Drafting
- Proven experience and knowledge in 3D modelling which will be an advantage
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: Vinodh.firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.