Software Engineering Team Lead x2 Positions | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Mar-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Software leadership opportunity, involving engineering development and work on cutting edge technologies, including Australia's most successful defence export
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineering Team lead in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
The Weapons Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. Two exciting and rewarding opportunities have arisen for a Software Engineering Team Lead to demonstrate their software engineering expertise and provide leadership on the innovative Nulka program.
These key positions will report to the Project Engineering Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentor the engineering team
- Lead and manage the software engineering activities including the design, development, integration, qualification and testing for the Nulka program
- Liaise with the customer and build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Estimate and plan software engineering activities
- Share software development best practices and provide software specialist advice
- Manage and track the execution of software engineering activities with respect to cost, quality and schedule
- Lead and manage the identification and resolution of technical issues associated with the execution of software engineering activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive software engineering/development experience coupled with a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- A relevant tertiary level university degree
- Experience in developing software in a variety of technologies such as C, C++, Ada languages, MATLAB, python, scripting languages, Windows, UNIX, object orientated design or UML
- Engineering team leadership experience
- Strong customer management skills, the ability to present at customer meetings and influence and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.