Solution Architect | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Define the overall solution architecture and deliver functional capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Solution Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team based in Williamtown, New South Wales.
Our Information Management & Technology department and Enterprise Architecture team enjoy coming to work each day, focused on our customers, and providing sustainable architecture to achieve our enterprise strategy. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the appropriate technical solutions designed and implemented, follow the customer requirements and company standards. This will include the identification and management of use cases and requirements, solution architecture, solution components, selection of technologies, make versus buy assessment, development and integration strategies, and test and acceptance strategies.
Your main area of focus is our Aircraft Sustainment and Training domain.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Lead the development and management of the concept and architecture of the solution
- Develop the operational, functional, performance and technical requirements of the solution in accordance with best practice
- Engage and work closely with key stakeholders to deliver an effective solution
- Identify and manage the technical risks associated with the solution development and integration programs
- Liaise with client stakeholders to determine their needs and objectives of the desired system and ensure that all developed designs satisfy end user needs
- Ensure that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
- Act as the primary point of contact for the customer for issues relating to overall technical solution
- Ensure that the elements of the design properly interface with all other elements of the design, infrastructure and operators within its environment.
Please apply if the above focus and behaviours resonate with you and you also:
- Enjoy engaging with people (team members, customers, stakeholders, peers, industry and our vendors and partners)
- Are passionate about really listening, taking the time to understand and capture business needs
- Are excited by technology and can help articulate and communicate complex designs and highlight the benefits and risks
- Understand the importance of providing quality advice and guidance upfront and helping people make things better and achieve enterprise outcomes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive and relevant experience as a Solution Architect
- Good business analysis skills and knowledge
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience designing and costing large Information Management and Technology Solutions
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements
Tertiary qualifications in Information technology, engineering or a similar disciple is essential in the role.
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.