HR Advisor | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jan-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- 12 Month Fixed term (Maternity Cover)
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a talented Human Resources Advisor in our team based in Edinburgh Parrks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Human Resources (HR) Advisor you will work as part of the HR team to provide HR advice and guidance on HR Service deployment to their Business Unit or Function. The HR Advisor is also responsible for working with line managers to manage operational HR issues/solutions and effectively and efficiently embed cyclical HR processes and tools
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Provide appropriate advice and consultation to Line Managers on all operational HR issues, to help optimise performance in respective business areas. This will require a consultative approach to understand and diagnose the issues before working with the line manager to develop a solution and influence a change which is tailored to the environment and employees involved
- Provide general advice and support to employees on general HR questions/policy interpretation as appropriate, leveraging the support of HR Shared Services team
- Reflect best practice in the delivery of HR advice and solutions
- IR or ER issues managed effectively in order to mitigate risk
- Facilitate the implementation of cyclical HR activities on an annual basis (i.e. PDR and ASR) through communication with and support to line managers on the relevant processes, tools and approaches
- Develop and implement specific HR improvement initiatives to support achievement of the BU functional improvement plan
- Complete HR reporting requirements for respective business areas and provide data and analysis of BU metrics as required
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Sound generalist experience which includes involvement in the following HR practices; Employee Relations, Organisation Development, Remuneration & Benefits, implementation of annual people initiatives e.g. performance reviews
- Experience of investigating, problem-solving and influencing
- Good and broad professional knowledge and understanding of HR principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proactive approach to both project management and influencing change
- Highly developed problem solving skills
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills
- Availability to travel to Canberra, ACT frequently
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.