Senior Configuration Officer | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Configuration & Data Management|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Feb-2020|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Configuration Officer in our team in Garden Island, Sydney.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a Senior Configuration Officer to demonstrate their leadership and Configuration Management expertise within the exciting Destroyer Guided Missile (DDG) program.
This opportunity will see you:
- Lead/Manage a Team of up to 5 Members
- Effectively communicate with a number of stakeholder groups raising issues in an objective, professional and timely manner.
- Ensure the capture of hardware configuration and produce Build State Records
- Ensure the delivery of reports and configuration contract deliverables as required
- Maintain required change control methodologies and system(s)
- Working without direction manage own, and team's, time to address competing task priorities, ensuring all tasking is completed in accordance with assigned budget, schedule and priority
- Ensure system and data integrity by maintaining accurate and up to date system and data Records
- Support the preparation and release of material (review packages) for formal reviews (eg.DDR, PDR, CDR) as required and capture of review outcomes affecting the CM data
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in an engineering/configuration management environment
- Preferred experience managing a team or at the stage where you would like to make a progressive step into being a team leader
- Demonstrated experience working in a Defence environment
- Demonstrated understanding of the structures and processes of Configuration management and the interfaces with engineering and logistics disciplines
- Experience in the use of Configuration Management databases
- Qualifications (Certificate, Diploma or Degree) in Engineering or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience.
- Demonstrable people management, problem solving and conflict management skills
- Defence Security clearance Minimum Baseline with the ability to obtain NV1
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au