Senior Test & Integration Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Feb-2020|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Test & Integration Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
This opportunity will see you:
- Prepare and plan project integration and trials activities
- Prepare and maintain Master Test/V&V/Integration plans.
- Undertake test & integration tasks to verify design of the system and early identification of problems.
- Undertake system requirements analysis in respect of test systems (ie test equipment,harnesses, & instrumentation systems).
- Participate in project trials
- Develop trial test reports
- Liaise with the System Architect, analyse and identify needs for subsystem integration and test infrastructure (hardware/firmware/software test tools/rigs).
- Develop test infrastructure where possible and conduct of subsystem integration and test activities
- Effectively communicate with a number of stakeholder groups raising issues to relevant stakeholders in an objective, professional and timely manner.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in integration and testing
- Demonstrated experience building a relationship with various stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrated experience working in a Defence environment (Although not essential)
- Demonstrated understanding of the structures and processes of Configuration management and the interfaces with engineering and logistics disciplines
- Experience in in developing product designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of hardware solutions, including integration, validation and qualification testing.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au