Senior Business Analyst | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Feb-2020|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Work with key stakeholders to influence strategic business solutions for key defence programs
- Fixed term opportunity until December 2020
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Senior Business Analyst to join our Enterprise Architecture team based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
Our Information Management & Technology department and Enterprise Architecture team enjoy coming to work each day, focused on our customers, and providing sustainable architecture to achieve our enterprise strategy. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
You will be responsible for assisting in the clarification of business and customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to contribute to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business and customer needs.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Develop the plan of work through identifying stakeholders, determining analysis techniques and planning analysis activities
- Assist in the requirements management process through eliciting and prioritising business and customer requirements to ensure they accurately reflect the needs of the business and the customer, and are managed for traceability, change and reuse
- Assist in the requirements analysis through analysing business or customer requirements to facilitate the determination of feasible, cost effective solutions that will meet business and customer objectives and deliver value
- Contribute to stakeholder communication management through effective expectation and prioritisation management and mapping of requirements to stakeholder needs
- Assist in the validation of solutions against business or customer requirements, and develop and deliver plans for business or customer acceptance
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in an appropriate IT customer service role with demonstrated business analysis experience spanning across multiple business capability domains
- The ability to apply business knowledge to customer business requirements
- High level of interpersonal and customer communication, customer focus, and negotiation skills
- The ability to cope in high pressure situations to manage conflicts, provide influence and build trusted relationships
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving in the area of defining problems, determine innovative solutions, and validate solutions against customer needs and requirements
Tertiary qualifications in information technology or engineering is essential in the role and a certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis will be an advantage.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
Applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.