Head of Commercial, Maritime | NSW-Pitt Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your Big Picture thinking to lead and shape this impressive Commercial Team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as the Head of Commercial, Maritime leading our Commercial team based in either Pitt Street, Sydney or Williamstown, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
As the Head of Commercial in Maritime you will be responsible for delivering the enterprise Commercial strategy in to an exciting and fast pace Line of Business. Working with the senior leaders of the business and Project Managers, you will lead a team to deliver exceptional commercial outcomes for the enterprise and the customer. In addition to the role in delivery, you will be a member of the Commercial Function leadership team and contribute to the enterprise Commercial strategy, ensuring we are building capability for our ever-changing and growing business.
More specifically you will:
- Lead a high performing Commercial team across multiple projects, focused on partnering with the delivery teams to exceed the expectations of the Customer
- Contribute to the development and deployment of the Maritime and Functional Commercial strategy
- Develop and drive delivery to the agreed performance targets with internal and external stakeholders
- Influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders internally and externally to deliver sound commercial solutions, aligned to the governance framework
- Partner with the Maritime Leadership team and senior members of the Maritime Commercial team to define the project requirements for Commercial and ensure that resource and capability demand is met for effective project delivery
- Ensure that the business' commercial risks and liabilities are identified, oversee the development of cost-effective means of managing those risks and the implementation of appropriate mitigation measures.
- Provide strategic guidance in the preparation of negotiating strategies and lead negotiating teams on commercial issues.
- Drive an inclusive and agile Commercial team, committed to supporting one another in delivering to the business
- Lead a learning culture, where on the job experience is enhanced through strong mentoring and focused development opportunities
- Act as a catalyst for change, supporting all aspects of the BAE Systems strategy, including change management and transformation, where required
- Ensure that relevant processes are owned and implemented effectively by the business, including the operational framework
- Lead by example with strong Functional and Business relationships, demonstrating effective communication and challenge and successful collective performance
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience working in a fast paced leadership role, ideally in a matrix based organisation
- Demonstrated commercial experience, with proven capability in influencing senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Big picture thinker and positive influencing skills that will enable you to bring the team on the strategic journey
- Ability to lead and guide an experienced Commercial team in an evolving business using exceptional communication skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.