Estimating and Pricing Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Showcase your leadership and influencing skill to shape the estimating and pricing strategies for diverse defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Estimating and Pricing Manager in our Edinburgh Parks office in South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As an Estimating and Pricing Manager, you will be accountable for the management of estimating and pricing activities to support the project/business in delivering against strategic and financial objectives whilst delivering bids and proposal across the South Australian business.
You will work closely with bid teams and other stakeholders, and will be responsible for strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation and review/analysis of cost estimates to ensure delivery of accurate and value for money proposals to the Commonwealth of Australia and other customers.
More specifically you will
- Lead significant and complex campaigns across South Australian Business
- Work within bid timeframes to issue the pricing question, create a program and track the response.
- Use the pricing tool ProPricer, and provide guidance and training to bid team members on the use of the tool and the creation of estimates.
- Perform risk and uncertainty analysis
- Develop and present the cost base for review.
- Support the bid team with review and investigations and support the broader estimating and pricing function with independent reviews as required
- Identify/contribute to process improvement and perform analysis of labour rates and escalation rates
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification or relevant experience in finance, engineering or project management with strong understanding or exposure to defence industry
- Demonstrated experience in estimating and pricing with proven track record in management role with an ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas
- Strong numerical and analytical skill with an ability to identify potential issues, develop solutions and resolve complex issues
- An ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences is critical to this role
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities coupled with an ability to negotiate and influence internal and/or external stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
- In depth understanding of the professional code of ethics with an ability to solve problems and resolve complex issues with high integrity and honesty
- Proficient user of MS office skills, particularly word, excel and power point
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.