Estimating and Pricing Officer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting opportunity to work in diverse defence portfolio supporting estimating and pricing activities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a driven Estimating and Pricing Officer in our team working in our Edinburgh Parks Office, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position, you will get an opportunity to support Estimating and Pricing in delivering bids and proposal across the South Australian business. You will work closely with bid teams and other stakeholders, and will be responsible for strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation and review/analysis of cost estimates to ensure delivery of accurate and value for money proposals to the Commonwealth of Australia and other customers.
More specifically you will
- Responsible to perform estimating and pricing (E&P) activities to support the South Australian based defence delivery business and work closely with the estimating and pricing team based in Victoria to support manufacturing and weapon systems, when required.
- Responsible to build price within the bid's timeframe including delivery an estimate launch, pricing program and develop an estimate tracker
- Assist in the development of the proposal's schedule to ensure that the costs accurately reflect the delivery programme
- Support basis of estimates (BoE) and ProPricer systems training to the bid team Build accurate cost models within estimating and pricing mandated tool set (ProPricer) and ensure that proposals adhere to standard processes and procedures
- Support analysis on labour rates and escalation rates and assist the bid team with customer pricing tables and financial investigation services audits
- Develop and present the cost base for review
- Support the broader estimating and pricing team where required to improve the capability of the function as per E&P capability plans
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification or relevant experience in business, project or engineering related discipline
- Demonstrated experience defence related project management or commercial field with proven track record in technical roles with good understanding of wider financial, project management and customer impact of the solution
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions in conjunction with Estimating and Pricing Manager of the line of business
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and negotiation and influence internal and/or external stakeholders to generate business benefits whilst maintaining key relationships
- Proficient user of MS office skills, particularly word, excel and power point
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role
Futher information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.