Estimation and Pricing Officer - Modelling | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Apply your strength in producing robust estimating and pricing activities to deliver the strategic and financial objectives
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Estimating and Pricing Officer - Modelling in our team working in our Edinburgh Parks Office, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position, you will be accountable to support the management of estimating and pricing activities across a variety of business units. The role will be a major contributor to the growth of sound modelling capabilities to provide business units with practical, consistent and timely information to support strategic and financial decision making.
More specifically you will
- Perform detail analysis of data sets and metrics to identify trends to be used for future bids and create parametric models support bid/no bid decisions, ROM pricing and independent reviews
- Perform 'should cost' analysis on competitor's solutions and provide an oversight of project risk and opportunities to ensure all relevant areas are captured
- Perform market assessment, competition analysis and price points of comparison to value for money solution and perform trade-offs and evaluation between different solutions
- Create bespoke models in excel, coding languages or other tools in order to perform costing analysis and including capabilities, discrete event simulation, lifecycle cost modelling, price to win analysis and design to Cost
- Provide an understanding of engineering concepts, products and technical solutions and interactions with value for money and cost trade offs
- Review completed projects to test the quoting accuracy and approach, transferring these insights into business improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the Estimating and Pricing process across assigned bids and campaigns
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification or relevant experience in business, project or engineering related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in similar estimating and pricing roles with proven track record in technical roles and background or exposure in modelling software would be ideal
- Good understanding of tendering and modelling aspects in defence related environment with strong verbal and written communication skill to suit a variety of audiences is critical
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions in conjunction with Estimating and Pricing Manager – Modelling
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements with appropriate stakeholder management
- Proficient user of MS office skills, particularly word, excel/VBA and power point
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.