LIF Fleet Planner | NSW-Williamtown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your planning and analytical expertise in this rare and rewarding role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Fleet Planner in our Lead In Fighter project team, based at Williamtown, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Fleet Manager, as the Lead in Fighter (LIF) Fleet Planner, you will be responsible for fleet maintenance planning and reporting, in support of all current and future production activities for the LIF line of business, in Williamtown and Pearce.
In particular, as the Fleet Planner, you will assist in the planning, coordination and reporting of the LIF Deeper Maintenance (DM), and Operational Maintenance (OM) activities. The position works closely with LIF Operations and production teams to assist and advise on fleet planning and maximizing fleet efficiencies.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Work with the Fleet Manager to derive fleet schedule modelling scenarios
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly fleet status reporting duties
- Review and extrapolate servicing historical data, trending and forecasting analytics
- Perform planning tool updates, assisting in monitoring and maximising fleet rate of effort and performance, ongoing fleet health, and fatigue balancing solutions
- Assist the Operations team in maintaining Adour Engine life management and modification embodiment programs
- Liaise with members of the LIF support network to represent Fleet Management Cell requirements, including customer engagement
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in an aircraft maintenance environment
- Trade qualifications in Aeronautical Engineering – preferred, but not essential
- Experience in a project management environment
- Strong analytical skills and broad based computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel Advanced, MS PowerPoint), along with experience using Vixen, NetMAARs, and CAMM2
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Talent Acquisition Specialist – Professionals, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.