Senior Commercial Officer | Location Flexible
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Feb-2020|
• Deliver commercial solutions for our growing business
• An opportunity to harness your strong interpersonal skills in this pivotal role
• Chose your location - Edinburgh Parks, SA, Williamstown, VIC or North Ryde, NSW
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Commercial Officer in our Commercial Team. For this opportunity, you can choose your location from either Edinburgh Parks, South Australia, Williamstown, Victoria or North Ryde, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
As the Commercial Officer, you will be accountable for providing commercial support within defined delegations to provide expert commercial support the SATCOM team to effectively manage on-going projects and new business.
Specifically, you will:
• Provide advice and assistance to Project Managers and line of business Commercial Manager on commercial issues
• Administer BAE Systems' contracts in accordance with company procedures that will encompass liaison with customers on all contractual matters and resolution of commercial issues
• Review customer communications and prepare correspondence
• Prepare and maintain contract documentation, records and internal reports
• Ensure that all order intakes are registered, invoices raised and payments received
• Prepare contract amendments and contract change proposals
• Coordinate management review and approval of bids and proposals
• Prepare draft business agreements for projects, track return and execution of agreements
• Support the line of business with the administration of Import/Export requirements including but not necessarily limited to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Australian Customs and Defence Export Control Office (DECO) requirements for projects
• Review confidentiality and other agreements for Commercial Manager approval
• Assist Commercial Manager in preparation of request for bid approvals review packs
• Strong commercial experience
• A relevant qualification such as project management, commerce or law or similar
• Well-developed time management skills and a demonstrated ability to use initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• The ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside your immediate team, to implement business requirements
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.