Software Engineer | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Mar-2021|
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer within our JORN Operations Centre team in Edinburgh Parks South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team.
As a Software Engineer working within the Over The Horizon Radar (OTHR) domain you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) is a network of three remote OTH radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
The JORN Operations Centre team is responsible for delivery of a new Operations Centre, used by the Royal Australian Air Force in the JORN Coordination Centre to control and operate JORN. The successful candidate will join a welcoming and highly regarded team in delivering the unique state of the art Operations Centre.
This opportunity will see you
- Design, implement, review and test software components
- Manage software component delivery throughout the engineering lifecycle using modern software development tools and practices
- Develop software solutions to complex mathematical problems
- Adhere to software development practices including Scrum and Continuous integration
- Provide technical support to software engineering activities
- Assure technical integrity and quality of software component output
- Provide software development estimating and ensure delivery against milestones to meet Customer commitments
- Understand, consider and influence security requirements relating to the software products
- Provide guidance and mentoring for more junior software team members
- Provide technical support to the use of ‘best practice' software engineering standards, processes and methods
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
- Ensure software development meets company and business processes and standards
- Utilise software development tools include Atlassian tool suite and GIT
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in C/C++ development and programming [essential]
- Demonstrated experience in Object Oriented Design [essential]
- Demonstrated experience in developing software solutions to complex mathematical problems [essential]
- Some knowledge and previous experience within Linux environments [essential]
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline and the software engineering lifecycle with exposure to multiple software development lifecycle phases [essential]
- Previous experience working within a defence environment [desirable]
- Familiarity with Over The Horizon Radar (OTHR) Systems [desirable]
- Previous experience working within a Scrum / Agile software development framework [desirable]
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrate sound communication skills
- Demonstrated Initiative and Problem Solving Skills
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance [essential]
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here:https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit:www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.