Software Engineer - CDS | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Mar-2021|
Apply your talent where it counts as a Software Engineer in our CDS team in Edinburgh Parks South Australia.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team.
As a Software Engineer working within our CDS team you will bring with you demonstrated previous skills and experience in the development of specialised software systems.
Working within a team environment and under limited supervision, the Software Engineer shall complete own engineering activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions. The Software Engineer may also be asked to provide leadership to a small team and/or the provision of mentoring to other team members.
This opportunity will see you
- Accountable for the delivery of allocated Software Engineering work packages and artefacts
- Where appropriate, identify and exercise Software Engineering reuse opportunities
- Undertake all assigned Software Engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Develop Software Engineering related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Provide regular status information to the relevant Team Lead and/or Project Manager as required
- Work effectively as part of a Software Engineering team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to interface to and reuse of developed software components
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of Software Engineering practices.
- Responsible for complying with the requirements of the BAE Systems Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activity
- Responsible for providing input and offering recommendations for the improvement of Company processes and standard procedures
- Provide technical support to the use of ‘best practice' software engineering standards, processes and methods
- Identify process improvement opportunities and recommend outcomes
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience and ability in Java 8 development [essential]
- Strong working knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux [essential]
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming language [desirable]
- Some familiarity with Eclipse, Enterprise Java Beans, Wildfly Application Server, Google Web Toolkit and TCP/IP networking [desirable]
- Previous experience working within a Scrum / Agile software development framework [desirable]
- Software design experience or Scrum Master training [desirable]
- Demonstrated previous experience in the software engineering discipline
- Exposure to multiple software development lifecycle phases
- Experience in developing designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, its integration, validation and qualification testing
- Demonstrate sound communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills
- Minimum NV1 security clearance required [essential]
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.