Information Management Analyst | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Mar-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to contribute to the delivery of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
The largest surface shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history is now underway in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Information Management Analyst in our BAE Systems Maritime Australia team in Williamstown, Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
An opportunity now exists for a committed Information Management Analyst to demonstrate their expertise and collaborate with the Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) team on the Hunter Class Frigate Program. This rewarding position will report to the Information Knowledge Management Manager and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Support the development of the Information Management architecture definition and implementation
- Provide support to the product lifecycle management and data management system teams to ensure the integrity of data can be used within the ILS environment and products
- Undertake the planning of the Information Management transition from the in-build environment to the in-service environment
- Manage the support applications to facilitate the delivery of the support solution, together with the software licence requirements and costs
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholder groups, raising issues to relevant stakeholder in an objective, professional and timely manner
- Analyse, manipulate and deliver data in accordance with the data management plans
- Develop support solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solutions in design reviews
- Utilise Logistic Support Analysis Record (LSAR) products and database management systems to audit, manage, manipulate and transfer LSAR data between LSAR and other related support and engineering applications
- Provide support to the Information Knowledge Management (IKM) Manager and in their absence, represent the IKM Manager at meetings, working groups and similar situations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive Information Technology (IT) technical experience including the analysis, integration, development and service support of information management architecture and data
- The ability to manipulate and manage data in multiple tools and data management systems coupled with low level programming experience such as in SQL or VBA
- Significant experience in delivering large and complex technical projects in either the acquisition or support phases of a project lifecycle
- Leadership experience with the ability to present at customer meetings and influence and develop effective working relationships with stakeholders
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience or experience within a logistics supportability engineering/integrated logistics support (ILS) environment, or experience utilising LSAR in a MIL-STD-1388-2B based scenario will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world's most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering, and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.