Senior Estimating and Pricing Manager - Capability Cost Lead | SA-Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2021|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Exciting leadership opportunity to capitalise your strategic key strength in overseeing estimating and pricing issues for the largest shipbuilding project in South Australia
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Estimating and Pricing Manager based Osborne Naval Shipyard, South Australia or Melbourne Victoria.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Estimating and Pricing (E&P), working for a world class project, you will be accountable to manage, develop and monitor life cycle cost (LCC) program and its model, ensuring that estimating and pricing strategies and developed to increase the ability to meet the contractual requirements and cost constraints.
This role requires sound leadership, influencing and coaching skill and constant need to interface with customer and senior stakeholders to explain the trends and issue on the current scope of elements of Hunter class frigate program LCC model and contract interdependencies.
This is a key leadership role within the Estimating and Pricing team, and you will work closely with Integrated Logistics Support Leads, Engineering Technical Leads, the Supply Chain and a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure program outcomes are successfully achieved.
More specifically, you will
- Develop, manage and monitor LCC program and collaborate with stakeholders across the program
- Manage the methodologies, processes and outputs for meeting the LCC contract requirements
- Lead the Life Cycle Cost Management program in accordance with the contract and related plans
- Ensure integrity of the LCC Model, including compliance to customer, external agencies and BAE Systems requirements
- Ensure effective and collaborative stakeholder management across all levels internally and externally
- Provide thought leadership and advice to Senior Leaders within the program and across the business
- Interface effectively across a global program to ensure the UK and Australian team understand the requirements for the LCC Model
- Ensure sufficient resources are made available and supported through the program to maintain work life balance and safety, which is of paramount importance and adheres to the Estimating and Pricing Fatigue Policy
- Support the Estimating and Pricing Lead team to deliver the functional strategy and project charters
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualification in engineering or technical field with extensive experience in previous engineering or project management roles
- Extensive experience in engineering management practices and overseeing LCCM/ILS / Support Engineering / Asset Management
- Proven experience with complex ASDEFCON including PBC frameworks with strong knowledge on strategic bids across platform and services
- Strong analytical and communication skills to support the resolution of commercial cost, and estimating and pricing issues with understanding of wider support engineering, financial and project management
- Broad exposure to Government and or Defence Contracting requirements especially as it relates to Support Engineering
- Sound business acumen, leadership and influencing skill with proven track record in management roles
BAE Systems Maritime Australia (formerly known as ASC Shipbuilding), has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At BAE Systems Maritime Australia we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.