Permit / Isolations Controller | QLD-Portsmith
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2018|
- Join Australia's Defence industry leader that values innovation and flexibility
- Permanent role in a dynamic environment with career progression opportunities
- Based in Portsmith, Cairns
BAE Systems is a global defence, aerospace and security company employing over 80,000 people worldwide. Our wide-ranging products and services cover air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
In Cairns, BAE Systems provides In Service Support to the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Hydrographic Fleet of Vessels, these being the Hydrographic Ships including the Survey Motor Boats and the Survey Motor Launches.
The Permit Controller directly supports the Maintenance Supervisors in managing a program of work associated with preventative and corrective maintenance and engineering change and has a direct responsibility for issuing and controlling work permits for construction activities in support of the Hydrographic In-Service Support Project (HISS).
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The review receipt and issue of permit applications in support of high risk work activities, including but not limited to hot work, confined space, working at heights, isolations and other hazardous activities
- Confirming completeness and conformance of permit to work documents and ensuring that all supporting certificates and documents are correct and attached to the permit
- Assisting the scheduling team with task de-confliction as part of the permit control process
- Assisting quality, health safety and environment functions in conducting workplace inspections
- Ensuring the location and scope of work is understood, hazards are identified and all necessary precautions have been taken
- Actively engage with the integrated project team and attend planning meetings
- Communicate and assist personnel in the requirements to comply with legislation and procedures
Key skills and experience required:
- Consolidated experience including the following;
- Have worked in a similarly related capacity on construction sites preferably in a maritime environment.
- Knowledge and comprehension of management systems such as AS/NZS ISO 9001 or AS/NZS 4801.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the statutory requirements in the conduct of construction work activities and permit management.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and scheduling of engineering and maintenance activities.
- Experience in the use of the Asset Maintenance Planning System (AMPS) or other Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is desirable.
- Nationally recognised accreditation in confined space, working at heights and first aid
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Defence security clearance
A Defence security clearance is required for this role, therefore applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Applications should be addressed to Dawn Porou – Recruitment Specialist by close of business Friday 13 July 2018. Your application should include a current resume and a cover letter.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html