Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2018|
- Join a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Edinburgh Parks, permanent full-time, on-site parking
- Work on the Jindalee Over the Horizon Radar – a key element of Australia's key Defence surveillance asset
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
JORN is a network of three remote OTHR radars located in the Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia. The state-of-the-art defence system provides wide area surveillance at ranges of 1000 to 3000 km, and plays a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
- Undertake all assigned software engineering activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Undertake requirements analysis, develop detailed design and participate in reviews
- Undertake the integration and validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Develop software engineering related documentation in accordance with standards
- Provide regular status information to the relevant stakeholders as required
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or computer based discipline
- Proficiency with at least one of C, C#, C++ or Java and relevant standard/template libraries
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language such as Python, bash, batch
- Exposure to Linux on PC and embedded platforms is highly desirable
- Experience using a bug tracking system such as JIRA and or Atlassian is desirable
- Conducted software technical investigations and proof of concepts for solutions
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Vanessa Giles, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html