Permit Controller | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Unique career opportunity for an experienced Permit Controller to join the team in support of maintenance delivery for Hydrographic vessels
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We have come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it is inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
As The Permit Controller for the Hydrographic in Service Support project based in Cairns, you will beresponsible for facilitating the issuing and controlling of work permits for maintenance and installation activities for the Hydrographic vessels.
In more specific terms you will:
- Review receipted permit applications and issue permits in support of high risk work activities, including but not limited to hot work, confined space, working at heights, isolations and other hazardous activities
- Assist the Maintenance Production team with task de-confliction as part of the permit control process
- Communicate and assist personnel in the requirements to comply with work place health and safety legislation and procedures
- Assist the quality, health safety and environment functions in conducting workplace inspections
- Confirm completeness and conformance of permit to work documents and ensure that all supporting certificates and documents are correct and attached to the permit
- Ensure that the location and scope of work is fully understood, that hazards are identified and all necessary precautions have been taken prior to issuing permits
- Maintain a proactive and vigilant team safety culture aligned with the Life Saving Controls philosophy, fostering BAE values and behaviours.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on Process improvement (including use of Lean Six Sigma and similar tools)
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Previous experience working in a similar role in a comparable industry; preferably within the maritime environment and/or resources industry
- Knowledge, comprehension and recent experience of management systems such as AS/NZS ISO 9000 or AS/NZS 4801
- Nationally recognised accreditation in confined space, working at heights and first aid
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the statutory requirements in the conduct of construction work activities and permit management
- Computer literate and experience using MS Office Suite (excel, word etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to actively engage with integrated project teams
Applications should be addressed to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html