Senior Engineering Manager | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts, play a leading role in a key defence program
- Opportunity to utilise your strong acquisition experience to lead and coach a diverse technical team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation and interesting work within a strong team culture
We have come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it is inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the opportunity
As a senior Engineering Manager on the air traffic management (ATM) Program at North Ryde, you will be a part of once-in-a-generation opportunity to create a unified solution to Australia's future air traffic management needs.
Our business will benefit from your acquisition experience while you lead the team in working directly with our valued customer to attain the engineering solution and developing engineering outputs in accordance with our processes and customer needs.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Ensure bid and project has appropriate engineering resources in a timely manner to allow them to deliver their business objectives
- Develop robust work breakdown structures and ensure estimates are rigorously developed and reviewed
- Develop and execute plans to ensure the business develops the capability and capacity it needs to deliver the longer term business strategy
- Maintain an assessment of the business's current engineering capability and capacity
- Ensure adherence to engineering cost and schedule commitments
- Act as a point of contact with customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution
- Coach engineering staff to share lessons and implement best practice in requirements management, design management and control, configuration management, and Test and Integration
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant leadership experience in a similar engineering management discipline in a defence acquisition environment
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- Exceptional leadership skills to provide leadership to a team and to mid to large scale projects
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence in a cross functional internal team and external stakeholders to be able to influence across all levels of the business whist maintaining key relationships
Applications should be addressed to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html