Maintenance Superintendent | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- You will be at the forefront of maintenance delivery , installation and technical support for Hydrographic vessels
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We have come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it is inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
As a Maintenance Superintendent for Hydrographic vessels based in Cairns, you will be responsible for the delivery of a program of work associated with Planned / Corrective Maintenance, Engineering Change installations and technical support activities for the vessels.
In more specific terms you will:
- Lead the Maintenance Production team to ensure the requirements associated with the Hydrographic Vessels' maintenance availabilities, Detailed Planning through to Production Close Out are undertaken
- Oversee action and close-out of Urgent Defect and ensure achievement of all Key Performance and System Health Indicators
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to ensure production requirements are identified and scheduled for each maintenance availability
- Delivery of the agreed work scope for each Hydrographic Vessel maintenance period in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule
- Maintain a proactive and vigilant team safety culture aligned with the Life Saving Controls philosophy, fostering BAE values and behaviours.
- Assist in the development of the Annual Work Plan for the Hydrographic Vessels
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on Process improvement (including use of Lean Six Sigma and similar tools)
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Experience and technical background in Electronic / Electrical / Mechanical systems preferably in a maritime environment
- Experience in conducting of engineering installation / maintenance / repair practices within a quality framework
- Diploma of Engineering/ Maintenance Management/Project Management/Business Management or equivalent or demonstrated experience and knowledge in a similar role
- Prior experience in the supervision / management of Contractors and maintenance activities
- Experience in Asset Maintenance Planning System (AMPS) or similar computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is desirable.
- Experience in CMT or other computerised Configuration Management Tool is desirable.
Applications should be addressed to Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html