Pneudraulic System Maintenance Technician | OS-Al Yamamah Dhahran Base
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Apr-2018|
Inspects, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls and modifies aircraft pneumatic and hydraulic systems and associated support equipment; and supervises aircraft pneudraulic system maintenance activities. Also responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect of RSAF (Royal Saudi Air Force) trainees.
ADVISES ON TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OF INSTALLATION, MODIFICATION AND REPAIR OF AIRCRAFT PNEUMATIC AND HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS:
- Determines and follows proper maintenance and repair procedures and minimum requirements pertaining to parts substitution, clearances and tolerances and performance characteristics of pneumatic and hydraulic systems and pneumatic and hydraulic ground equipment.
- Solves installation and maintenance problems by studying layout drawings, wiring diagrams, schematic diagrams and analyzing construction and operating repair procedures.
- Diagnoses recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective action by initiation of Material Deficiency Reports or other appropriate means.
- Devises maintenance and operating procedures and recommends changes required to facilitate full utilization of personnel and equipment
INSTALLS, REPAIRS, OVERHAULS AND MODIFIES AIRCRAFT PNEUMATIC AND HYDRAULIC SYSTEMS AND PNEUMATIC AND HYDRAULIC GROUND EQUIPMENT:
- Diagnoses malfunctions, using applicable technical publications and test equipment, such as dial indicators, feeler gauges and micrometers.
- Performs repair of aircraft in-flight refueling, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and components and support equipment.
- Reassembles component parts, makes internal adjustments and inserts or removes shims to maintain close tolerance and fits of pump gears, bushings and cams.
- Installs new or modified parts to eliminate internal leakage.
- Repairs and assembles aircraft brake assemblies.
- Tests equipment and pneumatic or hydraulic subassemblies of support equipment on test stand for leakage, output, pressure, adjustment, volume regulation and freedom of operation.
- Tests equipment for serviceability.
Performs corrosion control.
Conducts on-the-job training.
Knowledge of electrical and mechanical principles as applied to aircraft systems and associated support equipment pneumatics/hydraulic systems; concepts and application of RSAFM 66 series and supporting publications: and use and interpretation of blueprints, wiring diagrams and technical publications is mandatory.
Completion of a basic aircraft pneudraulic systems maintenance course is mandatory.
Completion of a suitable Level 7 Pneudraulic trade course is mandatory either military or civilian.
Experience in functions such as installation, modification or repair of aircraft or associated ground equipment pneumatic/hydraulic system with extensive aircraft and fast jet experience
Ideally will have a Tornado Pneudraulic deep maintenance course, brake module course, STRAAT 5 operator's course
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive tax exempt salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.