Tornado Gun Technician | OS-Al Yamamah Dhahran Base
OS-Al Yamamah Dhahran Base
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
Inspects, removes, installs, trouble-shoots, repairs, maintains, tests and modifies gun system equipment; maintains associated equipment; and supervises gun systems activities. The jobholder is also responsible for the training and mentoring activities in respect of RSAF (Royal Saudi Air Force) trainees.
ADVISES ON TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OF REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE OF GUN SYSTEM EQUIPMENT:
- Solves maintenance problems by studying layout drawings, diagrams, blueprints and wiring and schematic diagrams and analyzing construction and operating characteristics of gun system equipment.
- Determines repair procedures necessary to correct defective equipment.
- Interprets installation and maintenance policies and procedures related to gun system equipment.
- Diagnoses recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective action by initiation of material deficiency reports or by other appropriate means.
- Devises new maintenance and operating procedures and recommends revised policy to facilitate full utilization of personnel and equipment.
REMOVES, INSTALLS, INSPECTS, AND REPAIRS GUN SYSTEM EQUIPMENT:
- Diagnoses malfunctions using technical publications and performs repair.
- Determines extent of disassembly necessary to repair or replace gun system equipment parts. Inspects gun system components using visual inspection methods and analyzes inspection findings to determine extent of repair.
- Repairs gun system equipment by replacing parts and removing defects such as nicks, dents, scratches and burrs.
- Assembles gun systems equipment, adhering to prescribed procedures, torque values, safety methods and clearances.
- Modifies gun systems equipment according to technical directives.
- Prepares gun systems equipment for installation and installs in aircraft.
- Conducts tests of repaired components using related test equipment.
- Adjusts, aligns and calibrates gun system equipment and its components to achieve operating efficiency consistent with design characteristics.
PERFORMS AND SUPERVISES TEST FUNCTIONS ON GUN SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT:
- Performs test functions by placing gun system equipment on test stands and installing test equipment and making necessary connections.
- Performs pre-operational and post-operational checks.
- Performs gun system equipment tests according to applicable directives and records test data on log sheet.
- Removes and prepares gun system equipment for installation or storage.
- Observes and ensures compliance with established safety procedures.
SUPERVISES GUN SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL:
- Establishes work methods, production controls and performance standards.
- Plans and schedules work assignments and will establish priorities for accomplishing work.
- Ensures maintenance equipment, tools, parts and test equipment are available.
- Ensures assigned support equipment is serviceable.
- Initiates and reviews maintenance data records.
- Assigns repair and maintenance functions to subordinates and evaluates their performance in terms of compliance with operational policies, maintenance procedures and technical orders.
- Conducts or supervises on-the-job training programs and instructs subordinates in maintenance techniques.
- Rotates assignment of gun system equipment mechanics on various maintenance tasks to ensure opportunity for full qualification and to improve utility of assigned airmen.
- Reviews training status to determine level of qualification achieved by individuals and units.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants must have:-
- Qualified from a technical academy or similar technical training with qualifications in the Armament field with an electrical component.
- Extensive practical experience on fast jet aircraft.
- Proven understanding of explosive regulations and procedures.
- Ability to perform training duties to achieve successful qualification of trainees.
- Ability to perform manual tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural workforce.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive tax exempt salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.