Tornado Environmental Systems Technician | OS-Al Yamamah Dhahran Base
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Apr-2018|
The Tornado Environmental Systems Technician performs and supervises aircraft electrical and environmental (E&E) functions activities. Troubleshoots, inspects, removes, installs, repairs, modifies, overhauls and operates aircraft systems, components and associated support equipment. The jobholder is also responsible for the training and mentoring activities with respect to all Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) personnel.
A) INSPECTS, TROUBLESHOOTS AND MAINTAINS AIRCRAFT E AND E SYSTEMS AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT:
(1) Inspects, troubleshoots and maintains Tornado aircraft E & E systems and components to include direct and alternating current power systems, landing gear, ignition, lighting, anti-skid and nose wheel steering systems; electronic engine controls; secondary power systems; master caution and warning panels; take off warning, flight controls, fire and overheat warning, fuel control and liquid cooling, air conditioning, cabin pressurization and aircraft oxygen systems.
(2) Inspects for and treats corrosion.
B) INSTALLS, TESTS, MODIFIES, REPAIRS AND OVERHAULS AIRCRAFT E AND E SYSTEMS, COMPONENTS AND TEST EQUIPMENT:
(1) Installs, tests, modifies, repairs and overhauls aircraft electrical and solid state voltage regulators; control, protection, caution and warning panels; frequency and load controllers and anti-icing controllers; static and rotary inverters; nose wheel steering and anti-skid amplifiers; generators; actuators; relays; lighting equipment; fire detectors; motors and special equipment testers.
(2) Performs maintenance on mobile cryogenics servicing containers.
(3) Replaces, fabricates and modifies electrical wiring and connectors.
(4) Uses electrical, electronic and pneumatic meters and test equipment.
C) INSPECTS AND EVALUATES AIRCRAFT E AND E SYSTEMS MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES:
(1) Inspects aircraft E & E equipment, associated electronic components and test equipment to determine operational status.
(2) Interprets inspection findings and determines corrective actions.
(3) Checks and reviews installed and repaired components.
D) SUPERVISES TRAINEE AIRCRAFT E AND E MAINTENANCE PERSONNEL:
(1) Plans and schedules work assignments.
(2) Establishes work methods, production controls and performance standards.
(3) Ensures availability of required maintenance equipment, tools and spare parts.
(4) Conducts on-the-job training.
Applicants for the post of Tornado Environmental Systems Technician must satisfy the following criteria:
- Tornado ‘Q' annotation required.
- The successful applicant will have extensive practical and progressive experience in their relevant trade and proven experience on fast jet aircraft.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of QA and training principles.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the systems relevant to his AFSC and a basic understanding of Tornado Systems in general.
- Should be able to demonstrate a capacity for rapid and accurate diagnosis.
- Should be able to demonstrate the ability to overcome obstacles and achieve results.
- Should be able to demonstrate an ability for effective communications at all levels within the company and RSAF.
- Must hold a current Driving Licence.
Once your application has been received, we will match it to existing opportunities within the company, otherwise we will keep it in our talent pool for future opportunities.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive tax exempt salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.