Program Manager - Maritime Sustainment | QLD-Portsmith
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Nov-2021|
- Exceptional leadership position in Cairns
- Responsible for leading a large team delivering Maritime Sustainment solutions
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
As Program Manager for the Hydrographic In-Service Support Program, leading a team of 100+ you will be responsible for providing general management and operational leadership, to ensure the delivery of materially seaworthy warships to the Royal Australian Navy – on time, every time. This is an outstanding opportunity to utilise your exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills, working in conjunction with the Commonwealth to strengthen our operations in Cairns, the gateway to the Pacific.
Reporting to the Maritime Sustainment Director, you will:
- Manage all activities in the BAE Cairns operation, ensuring efficient and on time delivery of all operational outcomes
- Lead a team of 100+ people, driving a positive ‘One Team' culture, working in collaboration with other Hydro Enterprise employees
- Build trusted and collaborative partnerships with Commonwealth customers and be a key member of the Hydro Enterprise Executive Leadership Team.
- Plan and manage an extensive program of Seaworthiness Remediation, ensuring milestones delivered within timings and budget set
- Ensure that teams achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part of the Program are in accordance with the Product Safety Policy and quality and performance parameters
- Champion initiatives to deliver process and efficiency improvements across the Hydro Enterprise
- Conduct program reviews and provide formal reporting on program /project progress
- Proactively identify, monitor and mitigate program risks
- Drive strategic capability, with the ability to look for new opportunities to position the business for future growth.
- Be a key member of the Maritime Sustainment Lead Team and contribute to the definition and implementation of the overall Maritime Sustainment plan
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Extensive experience working in a leadership role within an engineering or complex organisation, preferably in a Defence/Maritime environment
- A degree or post graduate qualification in Business Management/Engineering/Project Management
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to be able to build high trust relationships with employees and customers, with the ability to motivate individuals and teams
- An outcome focus, with the ability to develop and execute plans and ensure operational delivery within milestones set
- Well-developed understanding of contemporary project management methodologies coupled with risk management experience
- A continuous improvement focus with the ability to drive innovation and improvement
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias – Talent Acquisition Specialist, Executive Recruitment and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.