Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Integrated Planning Manager
• Innovative Planning Specialist required to develop and manage integrated planning cell
• Consultative and people focused approach essential
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
As the Integrated Planning Manager you will be responsible for developing and delivering the project plan to ensure that the technical, cost and schedule goals are achieved in accordance with contractual and company requirements.
Your strong customer service focus will ensure that the goodwill of the customer and BAE System management is maintained and you will effectively manage subcontractors and provide strong leadership to the planning and broader enterprise team.
You contribution to the team will include:
• Developing, implementing and a managing a complete and holistic project plan both strategic and tactical
• Ensuring that the project team achieves the required performance in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
• Assisting with supplier/subcontract discussions in accordance with the strategic guidance for the project
• Supporting the Project Office Manager to build and maintain customer relationships and be a focal point for customer contact
• Identifying project opportunities and risks and developing mitigation strategies; monitoring and reporting on the status of risks and opportunities
• Directing, motivating and ensuring the performance of the planning team
• Conducting reviews as required to meet the needs of successful project reviews and internal company review requirements
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Previous experience in a similar role in a complex planning environment, preferably within the Defence sector
• Strong project management experience
• Project Management qualifications and certification (IPMA, CPM or similar)
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt your verbal and written styles to suit a variety of audiences
• A proven track record in leading effective and high performing teams
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving abilities
• The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Previous applicants are still under consideration.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html