Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Join Australia's Defence industry leader
• Permanent Position
• Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. The Maritime Support Services business provides comprehensive through-life-support services for naval and marine ships and systems with sites in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth.
An excellent opportunity exists for a Reliability Analyst to join our Sydney Maritime Sustainment team. As the Reliability Analyst, you will be responsible for investigating and analysing data and trends on equipment and systems fitted to various classes of warship, and for providing recommendations that assist to ensure the effective operation of the equipment and systems.
In more specific terms, you will be responsible for:
• Leading and performing reliability, availability and maintainability(RAM) modelling and calculations for equipment and systems as required
• Leading and performing the activities for the project including support strategy development, modelling and performance evaluation
• Leading the performance and/or review of relevant Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) activities
• Conducting investigations and analysis of data collected to form an impression of equipment/systems history and current condition
• Conducting risk assessments on the equipment/system being investigated
• Drawing conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/system reliability and supportability based on analysis and available evidence
• Completing and delivering reporting documentation on time, to an agreed schedule
• Making decisions within your own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
• Assisting in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
As the ideal candidate, you will:
• Be tertiary qualified (diploma or formal trade or technical certificate qualification) in engineering and/or equivalent industry experience
• Have significant experience performing a similar analytical role in the technical review and reporting of assessment data, ideally within the maritime environment or in a related technical industry
• Have demonstrated an ability to manage and prioritise your own activities, be self-motivated and able to work effectively without supervision
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to build strong relationships across all levels of the business
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence security clearance
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html