Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Senior System Availability Modeller
• Be part of speciality team delivering asset system optimisation
• Consultative and people focused approach essential
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been successful in being selected as the managing contractor for the Guided Missile Destroyer program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of a new and innovative customer focused solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused. We are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
We are now pleased to welcome applications from Senior Asset Performance Modellers.
Reporting to the Asset Performance Manager, you will be accountable for ongoing systems modelling, strategic asset management analyses and reporting tasks undertaken by the Asset Management Performance team, to ensure optimised cost, performance and risk outcomes for the designated Guided Missile Destroyers (DDG) and associated shore systems.
You will be part of a diverse speciality team delivering the required asset system optimisation recommendations in line with project procedures and work instructions to achieve DDG technical, schedule and cost goals.
You contribution to the team will include:
• Providing strong leadership to ensure effective execution of the Asset Management Performance team's responsibilities
• Managing the planning (cost and schedule), allocation and deployment of team members, workloads and outcomes
• Liaising with customers and suppliers as required
• Managing engineering activities and making engineering decisions within scope of responsibility and delegated authority
• Developing and providing functional release of all Asset Management Performance team documents , artefacts and reports
• Driving and participating in continuous improvement initiatives
• Understanding, developing, maintaining and updating a number of systems models associated with program objectives
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in the support and/or development of logistics information management systems and artefacts supported by a relevant tertiary qualification (engineering or logistics)
• A proven track record in leading small teams
• Experience in the application of asset management requirements and with management of budgets and resources
• Working knowledge of and experience with industry performance modelling software and accrual accounting practices
• Excellent knowledge of the conduct of front end logistic support analysis activities
• The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to achieve business objectives
• Demonstrated knowledge of the application of Integrated logistics support, life cycle costing, logistics cost of ownership principles and the system engineering lifecycle
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please note that updates on the status of applications will be provided in January 2017.