Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Annual Work Planner
• Experienced Planner required for DDG sustainment program
• Technically excellent, consultative and agile in approach
• Garden Island, Sydney location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused; we are looking for likeminded professionals to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Integrated Planning Manager, you will plan and manage a program of work associated with preventative/corrective maintenance, engineering change installations and technical support activities for the designated Guided Missile Destroyers. (DDG)
You will make your mark by:
• Liaising and assisting DDG Systems Program Office) stakeholders to ensure capability requirements (maintenance/performance verification/condition assessments/engineer changes) are included in planning activities and scheduled in the Asset Management Planning System (AMPS)
• Conducting technical and risk assessments of technical instructions for the conduct of preventative and corrective maintenance
• Conducting and assisting with engineering and technical investigations or requests for technical assistance
• Reviewing closing reports to ensure all work has been completed correctly
• Mentoring team members as required
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• A solid background in electronic/electrical/mechanical systems (preferably in a maritime environment) supported by engineering, maintenance, project or business management qualifications
• Demonstrated experience in systems engineering and configuration management and in the planning and scheduling of engineering and maintenance activities
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• A collaborative and consultative approach with the ability to adapt easily to change
Practical experience in the use of the Asset Maintenance Planning System (AMPS) or other computerised maintenance management systems is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html