Working at BAE Systems Australia is a quick way to grow my career; different experiences, a variety of challenges and the chance to put my skills to the test.
However, the main reason it works for me is the lifestyle. It's friendly, flexible, accommodating and focused on my personal growth.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
• Relationship orientated Subcontract Manager required for DDG sustainment program
• Customer focused; consultative contracts management
• Garden Island, NSW location
The future is bright at BAE Systems. We have been selected as the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative solution. We are building something great, a model for the future, and a new standard of excellence.
Highly collaborative and agile in approach, we are engaging, consultative and solutions focused and looking for a likeminded Subcontract Manager to join our team.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for the management of major subcontracts to meet the project requirements of cost, quality and delivery through effective commercial management. The facilitation of strong working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains and internal stakeholders will be critical to your success.
You will make your mark by:
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders
• Managing the performance of the suppliers to achieve contract requirements (schedule, cost and quality) and developing and embedding the relevant key performance indicators
• Leading the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with suppliers
• Managing variations to the subcontract and identifying emerging risks ensuring they are costed and monitored
• Ensuring adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management
• Generating and managing the Logistics Composite Model procurement and subcontract management plans.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
• Significant experience in subcontract/commercial management supported by a relevant tertiary qualification (commerce or engineering)
• Previous experience in a project based environment, preferably in the Defence sector
• Extensive experience in the development and negotiation of complex defence contracts with major customers/suppliers
• A proven track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt your verbal and written styles to suit a variety of audiences
• Highly developed analytical and problem solving abilities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to Donna Dittmar, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems you will find support for training and development, competitive benefits and family friendly, flexible work practices in addition to a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html