Managing large projects at BAE Systems Australia isn't for the faint-hearted. The challenges are varied, complex and testing. And they're different. Every day.
So when your ideas are listened to and you see them come to life, the experience is so much richer.
That works for me. Find out if it works for you.
Project Management Specialist - Risk and Lifecycle Management
• Join a global organisation & a leader in the defence industry
• Exciting opportunity for a Risk and Opportunity Subject Matter Expert
• Excellent career opportunity, based in either Melbourne or Adelaide
BAE Systems is a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced and dynamic Project Management professional to join our Project Management team. As the Project Assurance Manager and Risk and Opportunity subject matter expert, you will draw on our global frameworks and influence the development of capability and application to the Australian business. You will gain insight and exposure across all project domains, be involved in global working groups and will have a wide span of influence at a project and organisational level.
If you are an experienced risk practitioner who likes to operate in a complex environment at a strategic level whilst also supporting, developing and mentoring others within projects then this opportunity may appeal to you.
In more specific terms you will be responsible for:
• Developing and managing the risk and opportunity management capability (people, processes and tools) within BAE Systems Australia to support integrated risk and opportunity management and enable informed decision making
• Training and mentoring project personnel in the application of risk and opportunity methodology, tools and techniques across the project lifecycle (including bids)
• Maintaining the project assurance framework and enabling/monitoring application across the organisation to provide confidence in project planning and forecasts with project assurance which is commensurate with project risk and complexity
• Knowledge management through promoting ‘learning from experience', analysing business level outcomes of project assurance activities and facilitating improvement activities
As our ideal applicant for this critical role, you will present with:
• Extensive experience as a risk and opportunity practitioner within a complex project oriented organisation with a detailed understanding of risk and opportunity and project management methodology, process, tools and techniques
• A degree qualification ideally in project management, business, commercial or engineering
• Strong capability and understanding of the project lifecycle and the ability to tailor assurance to the context, complexity and risk
• Capability in the application of risk and opportunity management tools and techniques
• An ability to motivate individuals and teams across the business, to shape and implement business requirements coupled with an ability to balance conflicting priorities
• Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence internal stakeholders in a way which optimises compliance with governance requirements whilst maintaining key relationships
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills to be able to build effective relationships across the business and to be able to train and mentor others
• Drive and initiative for continuous improvement and personal development
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Support for training and development, competitive benefits, a genuine focus on diversity and family friendly, flexible work practices are yours at BAE Systems Australia.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html