Asset Performance Analyst | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Integrated Logistic Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2018|
- Global defence company with multiple sites around Australia
- Be part of speciality team delivering asset system optimisation
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
The Asset Performance Analyst will play a key role in the Asset Performance and Reliability Engineering team. You will drive meaningful asset performance improvements through analysis of equipment failures using RCA techniques.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Working with key stakeholders to determine the scope of analysis, problem definition and outputs required
- Working with modellers to define modelling approach and conduct verification and validation of models
- Use of models to assess cost, risk and performance associated with different scenarios and develop business cases for options
- Collecting and analysing data (e.g. reliability, availability), identifying trends and drivers of cost and performance
- Build effective working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders across the enterprise including sub-contractors, CoA, Navy and the wider BAE Systems business
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
Tertiary qualification in a maths, engineering or physical sciences subject
Problem solving and analysis skills including:
- The ability to use and apply theoretical knowledge and historical data to current situations to understand problems, identify solutions and improve efficiencies
- Ability to interpret, manipulate and visualise data
Familiarity with logistics support or reliability engineering practices including working knowledge of some of the following techniques:
Familiarity with Systems Engineering or System Life Cycle Management
Well-developed interpersonal skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html