Project Manager Capability and Change | NSW-Williamtown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Sep-2018|
• Join a positive and energetic team
• Flexible, diverse and inclusive culture
• Dynamic career opportunity based in Newcastle, New South Wales
Our Training and Air Combat Support team based in Williamtown, manages the Hawk fleet of aircraft on behalf of the Royal Australian Air Force. We are currently seeking applications from experienced and dynamic Capability and Change Project Managers, in search of a challenging and diverse role - set within an innovative and performance driven, and inclusive culture.
The scope of the Lead-In Fighter (LIF) project activity includes: all maintenance and engineering and supply chain services including management of sub-contractors, in a matrix organisation.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Capability and Change Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all LIF capability changes, complex survey and quotes and project change initiative projects are planned, managed and executed to successful completion against cost and schedule goals associated with the Hawk Lead-In Fighter (LIF) project.
Your proven facilities experience and sound project management acumen will see you:
- Lead and be accountable for the project management of LIF capability, complex survey and quotes, technical contract change proposals, and project change initiatives
- Lead and ensure the project teams and sub-contractors achieve the required performance, in terms of schedule, budget and technical requirements
- Work with the customer/end user, to define the capability requirements and system change proposals
- Liaise with internal project leads and functional leads to ensure that matrix assigned resources are available and utilised; and forecast future resource requirements
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the external customer and their needs to ensure the project remains in a strong position to capture additional work, and ensure that product and services delivered are in accordance with quality and performance requirements
- Identify project risks and opportunities and develop mitigation strategies for pursuit throughout the project life and monitor and report on the status of risks and opportunities
- In conjunction with the customer and the end user, develop and manage a Hawk capability and change road-map
To secure this rare opportunity that will enable you to hone your specialist skill set and leverage your career to the next level, you will need:
- A relevant degree qualification and substantial relevant experience in Project Management within an engineering organisation, and demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of systems/products, where these may be complex in nature
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Demonstrable experience of managing software and hardware changes to air platforms, including performance requirements, change management activities and certification
- Demonstrable experience in operating in an air domain support contract
- Experience of working within a military or civil air domain regulatory environment
- Experience of working with customer/end user, as part of the requirement definition phase
- A clear understanding and demonstration of inclusive leadership and possess a high level of drive and commitment
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter – Recruitment Specialist, and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html