Electrical Engineer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Aug-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An opportunity has arisen for a seasoned Electrical Engineer to play a key role within our Maritime Sustainment business. You will be accountable for the design, development and implementation of Electrical Systems to support ongoing enhancements and upgrades to our defence platforms.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Provide leadership, specialist advice and guidance to the engineering team on the delivery of engineering tasks
- Design and develop electrical systems and equipment including interconnection and integration, installing and managing the electrical systems and equipment
- Derive electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and system requirements reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements and develop system specifications
- Develop optimised electrical system detail designs and present in design reviews
- Undertake the translation of the electrical system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate the design for manufacture factors
- Perform the integration and validation of complex electrical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties
- Undertake the full qualification of complex electrical system products including devising solutions to complex qualification problems
- Ensure all documents and artefacts generated by the team are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures and work instructions
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Extensive electrical engineering experience and experience in an engineering design office environment
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Demonstrated team leadership experience
- Experience in power generation/distribution, control and monitoring systems, PLC, CAD, and ship systems
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
- Whilst not essential, electrical engineering experience within the ship sustainment or Defence industry will be highly regarded.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html