SOFTWARE ENGINEERS - MULTIPLE POSITIONS | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:|| Software Engineer_PD202_09_G5.pdf (PDF, 227KB)
Software Engineer_PD203_09_G6.pdf (PDF, 409KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Jun-2018|
- Software Engineering opportunities available on multiple projects - be part of teams that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices
- Be part of a global company, doing engineering development work on cutting edge technologies, including Australia's most successful defence export
- Richmond, Victoria location
BAE Systems is Australia's most versatile Defence and Security Company. BAE Systems Australia's globally recognised skills have produced some of the world's most successful guided weapons and ship air defence systems, used by various NATO nations.
The Weapons Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. Exciting and rewarding opportunities have arisen for software engineers to work on the next generation Nulka system and the Ship Air Defence Model (SADM). As a Software Engineer, you will play a critical role for the Weapons Systems business with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. You will be part of an inclusive and supportive team at our Richmond office which is also easily accessible by public transport and close to other facilities.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the complete software development lifecycle, including:
- Performing requirements analysis and writing specifications
- Undertaking architectural and detailed design of software components
- Developing software components
- Undertaking verification and validation
- Managing project infrastructure and tooling
- Supporting the integration of software and hardware components
- Collaborating with the wider engineering team and independently reviewing peers' work
- Developing and maintaining documentation
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A university degree coupled with relevant experience in software engineering
- A strong passion for software engineering and working with a variety of technologies
- Experience with the C++ language
- Strong problem solving skills, be a self-starter and a practical thinker
- Experience with the Agile software development lifecycle
- A good understanding of modern software development processes coupled with a strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in the design, development and verification of real-time and safety-critical embedded systems or with simulation or modelling systems
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Recruitment Specialist. Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html