Metals Technology Technician | OS-Al Yamamah Tabuk Base
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jul-2018|
To actively support the recovery of aircraft, aerospace ground equipment (AGE) and associated components within the Hawk Metals Technology Shop, to meet the operational training requirements and display team flying of the RSAF at KFAB. Responsible for training and mentoring activities in respect of RSAF Trainees.
The incumbent will be responsible for the efficient day to day support in the running of the Hawk Metals Technology Shop including:
- Maintaining good engineering practice and compliance with RSAF Technical Orders in all aspects of the Hawk Metals Technology Shop
- Prepare items for calibration within work area
- Carry out TCTO's and Special inspections when directed
- Have a thorough knowledge of Aircraft Safety devices and Aircraft operating areas
- Ensure compliance with tool control and the KFAB SAFO program
- Support deployments to other bases within and out of KSA when required and be able to prepare equipment to support these deployments
- Be able to provide functional guidance to the SNTTP programs in respect of any engineering issues that may arise
- Monitor all supply issues affecting the Hawk Metals Technology Shop
- Providing up to date briefings and information to all concerned parties on daily progress and any issues affecting the Hawk Metals Technology Shop.
The Hawk Metals Technology Technician should meet the following criteria:
- Will be able to demonstrate experience in Metals Technology and engineering in a relevant role
- Must be trained in Metals Technology or a related technical discipline at a civilian or military school of technical training, or have completed an appropriate engineering apprenticeship
- Must have a sound understanding of the RSAF 4-1-7166 series and supporting technical publications applicable to work area
- Must be a quality minded, mature, individual that adopts a positive and proactive approach to aircraft maintenance and support issues
- Must have and be able to demonstrate sound oral and written two-way communication skills with the ability to be tactful, discreet and confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Be able to work in close harmony in a mixed EE/SN workforce
- Must be able to work on own initiative to resolve complex technical issues
- Must be computer literate with a sound understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must hold a current driving licence
- Will be able to demonstrate experience in Metals Technology and engineering.
- Must be trained in aircraft Metals Technology, engineering or a related technical discipline at a civilian or military school of technical training, or have completed an appropriate engineering apprenticeship.
- Must be a quality minded, mature, individual that adopts a positive and proactive approach to aircraft Metals Technology , maintenance and support issues
Once your application has been received, we will match it to existing opportunities within the company, otherwise we will keep it in our talent pool for future opportunities.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive tax exempt salary, rent free accommodation, with access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
‘At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world's most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.'
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.