Instructor Full-Time Mechanical | NSW-RAAF Base Wagga Wagga
|Category:||Human Resources, Training & OHSE|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
- Full-time position within a global Defence organisation
- Join a dedicated team in our Aerospace business
- Located in Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
The Defence Aeroskills Training Academy (DATA) deliver all aviation trade training to the Australian Defence Force. These roles are a perfect opportunity to further develop your instructional and technical skills and knowledge.
Applications are now sought from qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineers seeking an opportunity to utilise their expertise, and take their career to the next level. A background in an aviation mechanical technical trade specifically with experience in both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Aircraft is essential. Additionally, a proven background in delivery of Gas Turbine instruction would be considered highly advantageous.
This opportunity will see the successful applicant:
- Undertake Initial Employment Training instruction (IET) and delivery of training in both;
- Fixed Wing Modules, ideally including Propellers (MEA307, MEA315)
- Rotary Wing Modules, ideally including Rotary Wing Systems (MEA308, MEA316)
- Undertake supervision within a Simulated Working Environment
- Provide specialisation skills and advice to support Aviation Technical Training
- Develop and maintain relationships with the relevant customer, Government and industry partners
- Design and develop training solutions and documentation (IET), to ensure the outputs produced meet all stakeholder requirements
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records of training documentation
- Guide and mentor Defence trainees in best practice within the aviation environment
Your Aviation Technical Training experience will be supported by your:
- Demonstrated industry experience as a qualified Aviation Maintenance Engineer with a current Certificate IV Aeroskills Mechanical
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment (TAE40116) or (TAE40110 with additional units of TAEASS502 and TAELLN411)
- Experience in a technical training discipline with current demonstrated experience in the development of adult learning environments
- Demonstrated commitment to the Australian Defence Force culture and ability to mentor students
- Ability to provide leadership to individuals and teams on training needs analysis, development and delivery
- Capability to adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of difference audiences
- Ability to supervise and comply with Defence Aviation Safety Regulations (or civilian equivalent e.g. EMARS) as an Aviation maintenance engineer
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Sally Porter - Recruitment Specialist and made on-line at www.baesystemscareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html