Integration Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2018|
INTEGRATION AND TEST ENGINEER
- Have a positive impact in a high performing team on a leading Defence project
- Join a leading partner in the Defence landscape with resources to take your career to new heights
- Located at Edinburgh, SA
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
To ensure this program is delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as an Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer. As a member of the JORN Systems Engineering team, the I&T Engineer will conduct all test and integration related activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions to ensure we meet contract requirements.
In terms of specific responsibilities, in this role you will:
- Be accountable for the delivery of an integrated system, fit for purpose for qualification test
- Plan and conduct systems integration and developmental test activities based on the requirements defined by the I&T Lead
- Undertake the incremental integration and verification of physical and functional interfaces and system threads, to demonstrate requirements are met
- Undertake all assigned integration activities in accordance with the identified project directives and standards
- Develop integration related documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Work effectively as part of the I&T team and provide guidance and mentoring to other team members as required.
- Provide support to other teams or individuals with regards to activities performed by the I&T team
- Assist in the definition and development of any tools/rigs/system requirements necessary for the integration and test of the deliverable system
- Identify opportunities for the improvement of integration practices
- Ensure Problem Reports are raised for all system concerns identified during system integration, and where possible, isolate such problems to specific system components
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- The ability to obtain Australian Defence Clearance or already hold one
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Significant experience in the integration and test of complex, software intensive systems
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- An understanding of software engineering and systems engineering practices
- Experience across engineering process, methods, tools and infrastructure
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to function confidently within a project team environment
- The ability to adapt to changing task requirements and priorities
As Defence security clearances are required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices. .
Applications should be addressed to Derek Blaschek- Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: ttps://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html