Deputy Project Manager | VIC-Williamstown
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Deputy Project Manager_PD971_G6.pdf (PDF, 131KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2018|
At BAE Systems Australia we believe in giving our people inspired work now and into the future. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
Passionate people work at BAE Systems and the team contributes to something really big – the defence of Australia. The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Lead Project Manager in implementing the engineering changes and other associated activities on behalf of Engineering Services for various maritime platforms and customers. Based at our Williamstown, Victoria location, this role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. Are you up for the challenge?
As the Deputy Project Manager, you will:
- Provide assistance in ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned programme are achieved
- Provide support to customers, suppliers and project managers in the absence of the Lead Project Manager
- Assist with various functional and/or business process development
- Report on assigned activities
- Upkeep of resource forecasts and administration data bases
- Liaise effectively with customers and the project management community
- Undertake monthly project review (MPR) actions
- Complete meeting coordination and minutes
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Engineering, technical or naval platform experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders within the project and external stakeholders
- Self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills
- Project controls knowledge or experience will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Dave Campbell, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html