SENIOR Windows System Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Jun-2018|
Senior Systems Administrator
- Highly motivated Windows Senior Systems Administrator needed to join a high functioning team
- Work in an Agile environment
- Based at DSTG, Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
The Jindalee Operational Radar Network (JORN) has been a part of our nation's defence landscape for many decades and comprises three Over-The-Horizon-Radar (OTHR) systems to provide surveillance coverage of our northern border. BAE Systems has been awarded the contract to manage the upgrade of this 100 percent Australian solution that is strategically important to Australia's security. Joining this project you will experience an exciting and unique opportunity to grow with some of Australia's finest defence professionals in an iconic defence environment.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join BAE Systems Australia as a Senior Systems Administrator. As the Senior Systems Administrator you will be responsible for assisting in the installation and configuration, operation, and maintenance of computing, messaging systems and infrastructure in project and/or support teams.
In terms of specific responsibilities in this role, you will:
- Assist in ensuring that the computing infrastructure platforms meet the current performance, reliability, and security requirements of the project or business
- Support and optimise relevant computing platforms and associated data sub systems for effective project governance and functional requirements
- Work with appropriate management tools for server computing platforms, data storage sub systems and enterprise messaging systems
- Contribute to the maintenance of accurate configuration control records of all systems
- Contribute to the continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures for all services
- Provide system administration of all windows computing platforms for effective governance and functional requirements
- Propose and recommend solutions for customer requirements, particularly as they apply to the Microsoft Windows Fleet
- Assist with ensuring the computing platform is fully documented and supportable
- Undertake incident and service request resolution for the services within the portfolio
- Communicate with vendors to resolve technical issues
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector
- Hold an Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), or other Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications
- Demonstrated ability in the administration of relevant computer platforms and their associated enterprise environment. These include: Windows Server Management, MS Exchange, Active Directory, VMWare, Backups, SAN Storage, Printing, Powershell Scripting and Windows File systems
- A high level of interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Well-developed troubleshooting, critical thinking and problem solving skills
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html