Engineering Change Lead | NSW-Garden Island
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Jun-2018|
- Global company with multiple sites around Australia
- Major Defence Contract
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Systems Engineer/Project Engineer to lead Engineering support activities for ongoing enhancements and upgrades to our defence platforms. The LHD TISSC team within BAE Systems Australia is responsible for transitioning the Royal Australian Navy's two Amphibious Assault Ships (HMAS Canberra & HMAS Adelaide) into naval service from Commonwealth acquisition to long term sustainment. The team is responsible for extant work remedial to the build phase of the LHD, in-service maintenance and engineering.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Management of Engineering Changes for new capability, obsolescence and maintenance on board the Canberra Class vessels. All changes are to reflect compliance with the complete Systems Engineering Lifecycle.
- Development and management of system requirements and design documentation inclusive of system & sub-system specifications, product breakdown structure, design documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.
- Lead and participate in system design & subsystem partitioning to achieve robust modular architectures. Perform analyses to define and characterise systems and its components.
- Development of work statements and technically manage suppliers.
- Manage the planning, cost structure and scheduling of Engineering Changes.
- Identification of project risks, development of mitigation strategies and participation in other aligned management activities.
- Development and execution of system/component tests which will ensure implemented designs conform to their specifications.
- Maintain the Class design and its documentation in accordance with applicable configuration management, change management and traceability processes.
- Provide status and metrics reporting for engineering changes. Ensure milestones are met with the focus on quality, schedule and budget in accordance with BAE Systems procedures and standards.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Significant experience in a technical engineering background (Systems/Electrical/Mechanical) or Marine Systems
- Tertiary qualifications in an engineering field, or equivalent
- Previous experience in the management of contractors and maintenance activities
- Effective document management within a quality framework
- Previous experience in maintenance planning, systems engineering and configuration management
- A working knowledge and understanding of MS Projects
- An ability to understand, communicate effectively with and influence colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team in order to implement business requirements
- A strong understanding of the Engineering Development lifecycle and Change Management principles.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html