Junior Application Support Analyst | NSW-Garden Island
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Jul-2018|
- Global defence company with multiple sites around Australia
- Excellent training and career opportunities
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated Junior Application Support Analyst to play a key role in our team. You will be responsible for supporting ongoing IT solutions, and project deliverables.
This role will initially commence on a 12 months contract, with a view for extension.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Assist with stakeholder management, user support, analysis, development, production delivery coordination
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations to support requests and continuous improvement strategies
- Liaise with internal/external stakeholders to understand business needs, and identifying the most cost effective solution to meet project requirements
- Establishing the needs of users and monitor, security and triage the support queue
- Assist in adapting and configuring application software packages
- Assist in the requirements analysis through analysing business/customer requirements to facilitate feasible, cost effective solutions that will meet project needs
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Recent degree qualified in Business or information Technology
- Exposure working in a relevant IT environment
- Proven exposure in SQL, VB applications, MS Access, and similar data administration tools
- Knowledge of front/back end applications will be highly preferred, but not essential
- Knowledge and/or experience in Atlassian tools
- Strong experience in engaging internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate research, systems analysis skills, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical team members.
- A Working knowledge of ITIL or Agile will be beneficial
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html