Hardware Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
- Take the next step in your career with a market leading defence company
- Multiple permanent opportunities available in a vibrant and inclusive workplace
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of over 3,500 people among 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
The future is bright at BAE Systems and we're looking for talented people to join us. We're keen to receive applications from engineers for opportunities within our HF Radar projects.
As a member of our team, you'll enjoy competitive benefits, family friendly and flexible work practices, interesting work, unique career development opportunities and a culture that is built on trust, teamwork and pride in what we do.
To ensure these programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join our team as a Hardware Engineer. On our team, you'll support the design and development of complex electronic/electrical systems and equipment.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- Experience in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (electrical engineering)
- Developed optimised electronic/electrical systems and/or equipment design analysis solutions
- Undertaken the translation of electrical/electronic equipment design into a manufacturable solution
- Undertaken the integration and validation of electrical/electronic systems and/or equipment including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and across teams
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) may be applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
Expressions of interest should be addressed to Derek Blaschek, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html