Management Accountant | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2018|
- Work in an accounting business partnership role
- Enjoy flexibility, family friendly work practices and a strong team culture
- Based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains. We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are currently looking for an accomplished Management Accountant to work in the central finance team based in Edinburgh Parks, SA
Joining our team in this role will see you:
- Prepare monthly financial reports and variance analysis by function to ensure quality reports prepared in timely manner
- Assist in preparation, submission and integrity of corporate monthly consolidated financial reports to include profit and loss and balance sheet to agreed timetable
- Prepare all relevant information required for UK monthly finance reviews and quarterly business reviews
- Assist in preparation of Finance Director review pack with analysis and commentary
- Review actuals for reasonableness with large variances amended or understood prior to submission
- Review and challenge the appropriateness of forecasts/spend to date at monthly meetings with the functions – develop corrective actions plans with them and ensure these are followed up
- Provide financial advice to all functions and follow up any financial queries the functions raise
- Assist the reporting team in the overall consolidation of company monthly results and input into Hyperion system for submission to the UK
- Prepare the integrated business plan information for functional directors and subsequently review and challenge the plans submitted to ensure they are in line with the company strategy
- Assist in preparation of corporate integrated business plan to include profit and loss and balance sheet to agreed timetable
As an ideal applicant you'll have:
- Experience in a management accounting or a public practice environment
- A relevant degree and CPA or CA qualified or be working towards completion
- The ability to critically analyse, interpret and question financial results
- A high level of computer literacy in Oracle, Excel, Word and Hyperion
- An attention to detail and ability to apply the highest degree of accuracy
- A high level of personal integrity, maturity, discretion, initiative and self-motivation
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Recruitment Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.