Support Engineer - Technical Writer | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||28-Jun-2018|
- Defence industry leader
- Excellent training and career opportunities
- Garden Island, Potts Point with a complimentary bus service to and from the CBD
BAE Systems Australia's core values of Trusted, Innovative and Bold underpin everything that we do. We are a global Defence and security company with wide-ranging products and services to support and protect Australia's Defence forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services
An excellent opportunity exists for a Technical Writer to join our Sydney Maritime Sustainment team. You will be responsible for completing technical writing activities in accordance with the relevant project procedures and work instructions, to achieve project technical, schedule and cost goals
In more specific terms, you will:
- Conduct technical writing activities for project specific requirements
- Develop project specific technical documentation and ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Undertake the validation of the design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support documentation activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Utilise technical writing tools effectively to undertake documentation development and verification
- Develop technical documentation in accordance with appropriate standards
- Assist in the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Provide regular status information to the relevant supervisors as required
- Undertake day-to-day technical writing activities with occasional immediate supervision, non-routine activities may require direct support and guidance
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Experience in a similar role within a production/technical environment
- Newly qualified Mechanical or Electrical Engineers will also be considered
- An understanding of the Engineering Development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong time management skills with demonstrated ability meeting deadlines
- Previous experience within the maritime industry will be highly regarded
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Applications should be addressed to: Adrien Kingsley, Recruitment Specialist.
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html